Friday, November 4, 2011

**WARNING** New applique embroidery addiction...

I LOVE to machine embroider! I am self-taught (graduated from the school of Trial-n-Error *lol*) and have been machine embroidering burp cloths for family, friends and customers this past year.. but I have never tried applique embroidery...until this week, and I must say, I am ADDICTED! It is soo easy and fun to do...and I LOVE to be able to rummage around through my scraps to find that perfect piece.  Here are some pictures of the very first ones I did for a customer in Tennessee! Hate to toot my own horn, but **toot toot** they turned out great!
So, if you have never tried applique embroidery and have lots of fabric scraps, I HIGHLY recommend you try it.  If you are a "visual learner", like I am, then watch some video tutorials online at places like Youtube.
Oh, and the only tool/notion I recommend having for applique embroider, is a pair of applique (aka "duckbill") scissors...these will help you get VERY close to the fabric when you trim it away from the hoop, without fear of cutting through your background/materials.

Have to give a shout-out to two of my very favorite places to download embroidery:

BunnyCup Embroidery
**Alesha has the cutest embroidery designs with a touch of whimsy and they stitch out perfectly! Different sales are offered each month, so be sure to sign up for the Bunnycup Newsletter.**

BC Embrotique
**Love the large selection of fonts and frames! Also, offered are adorable and unique seasonal designs and "In the Hoop" projects. Again, these designs stitch out perfectly!**
Remember: Sit back, relax and HAVE FUN!
Blessings,
Angie

No comments:

Post a Comment