Monday, November 7, 2011

Busy...busy...busy!

   Another great weekend here at home...lots to keep me busy.  Saturday I was able to worm and get our goats hooves trimmed...first time I have ever attempted this and truthfully, it wasn't too bad...much, much easier than trying to trim horses! **LOL** One of our does, just layed right down in front of my husband and closed her eyes while he rubbed her tummy and I trimmed her hooves! I guess that makes him the Goat Whisperer! :)

   Worked on the future "Bunny barn" too! Got most of the dirt-daber nests knocked down and swept out...tossed out some trash and decided how I might set up the cages.  I may wait to move the Hollands until all the litters are born and weaned...don't want to traumitize anyone right now.

   Goats are SO cool...most people don't realize how smart, cute and funny these little clowns can be...it is like having your very own circus in your backyard!  They never cease to make me smile. Hubby has promised to get me a buck for my birthday this spring...so maybe, we will have goat kids here next fall...and some fresh milk, cheese, soap and ice-cream! **woohoo** I'm going to need a few more does....
Here are a few pics of our Nigerian Dwarf does..the tan/white paint is "Tinkerbell" (aka, the ring leader, Ms. Nosey, Ms. Bossy and PITA)...the B/W dalmation spotted is "Gypsy Rose" (aka, sweetie, momma's girl, Ms. Nosey II and No-don't-eat-my-shrit) **LOL**



Blessings, Angie

No comments:

Post a Comment