Tuesday, February 28, 2012

BFF's Birthday!


Last week, was my BFFs birthday...she is also a quilter/crafter (and a very good one I might add)...she is President of our quilting guild, has her own blog, Mrs. Sew and Sew, and is just an amazing person.    Some may consider her outspoken...I consider her honest...and that is refreshing. So many people today will "tiptoe" around their feelings...well, when I need an honest answer without the "sugar coating"...she is my "go to" person :) Why? Because I know that she truly cares about me and tells it like it really is...something that is lost in most friendships today. 

We both have a passion (aka obession) with vintage sewing items...especially, Singer Featherweights.  We each have one and sew on them regularly.  For everyone that has one of these gems, ya'll know how dusty it can get between projects...you don't want to drag out that ol' black case and hide your little Featherweight in there...so, I decided the perfect gift for my bestie would be a cover for her machine...and viola` here it is.

It is an "Angie orginal" (aka: design and sew as you go along pattern) *haha* I personally, think it turned out pretty darn good...the best part is, Michelle loved it! :) When I showed it to my dear husband he asked if I was going to make one for myself...well of course...just as soon as I figure out exactly how I made THIS one :)

1 comment: